Spotify is a licensed music service that was launched in Stockholm, Sweden in October 2008, and offers both free and paid services.
Spotify has been supported by Warner Music Group, Sony Music Entertainment, Beyoncé and other major record companies around the world, and the music it provides is all genuine. This software can be used not only on computers but also on cell phones. As of January 2015, Spotify has more than 60 million users, 15 million of which are paying users.
On August 8, 2018, Warner Music Group announced that it had sold its entire stake in Spotify, the streaming music service provider, and in December 2018, the World Brand Lab released its 2018 Top 500 World Brands list, ranking Spotify at #378. In October 2019, Interbrand released its Top 100 Global Brands list, ranking Spotify at No. 92.
A total of 2,650,000 reviews have been found in the Google Play store with a rating of 4.4 star. It has been installed more than 10,000,000 times and was newest update on July 6, 2022. And it has received a 4.8 star rating from 22,400,000 users in the App Store.
On July 6, 2022, We update Spotify: Music and Podcasts as often as possible to make it more reliable. The most important updates are performance improvements and localization update.
Spotify is a very popular music player, allowing you to listen to the most suitable music anytime and anywhere. Here, there is a huge amount of genuine music resources, supporting online playback and offline download, so you can enjoy the music world at will. You can create your own song list and explore new music. In addition, it will recommend the music that best suits your taste. With personalized music recommendations, you can listen to any song for free.
1. Cross-platform: Supports macOS and Windows operating systems, as well as Ubuntu and Debian under Linux.
2. High sound quality: According to the official documentation, it uses Ogg Vorbis q5 codec, and the audio stream is about 160kb/s.
3. Rich music library: Almost all mainstream European and American pop music can be found here, and the album information of each artist is also very comprehensive, you can even find very many rare albums here.
4. Rich artist profile: Spotify features a detailed profile and album reviews for each artist.
5. Online on-demand: Because the artist database is open to users, they can play music on-demand at will.
6. Social music features: Spotify not only allows users to submit their music listening history to their accounts, but also has a number of social music features. This includes playlist creation and sharing, artist radio, music recommendations, Sptify pop charts, and music genre radio.
1. The free version has ads.
2. Some of them does not have lyrics.
3. The price of Spotify membership is partitioned, and the price difference is very large.